Monday, May 30, 2011

B Vitamins and Happiness

Happy Memorial Day to all in the U.S.!

Today, I'd like to focus on the word "happy."

Although "happy" is first thought of as an emotional state, our immediate "happiness" -- or lack thereof -- can sometimes be physically based.

This I learned yesterday -- again -- in case I had any doubts.  My mood was unusually low, the worst "low" I'd felt in decades.  My energy was nonexistent.  I recalled, dimly, through the crippling gloom, that I'd been out of my B-complex supplement for about two months.

Big problem.

So I took a simple remedial measure.  I bought a good B50-complex, took two yesterday and one this morning; and the results have already been astounding.  My body, today, has "automatically" rushed to complete chores -- without my even thinking about it -- chores that had been taking extreme willpower, concentration, and physical strength to approach for many days prior.  Chores that I could not complete.  I'd have to keep sitting down.  And then I couldn't get up!

We hear all the time about how much we need our B-complex supplements, in general.  The B-complex vitamins are known to affect nerve transmission, stamina, and mood.   Deficiency states of some of the B vitamins can be as severe as psychosis, edema, and heart failure.

It's easy to forget that, in addition to the usual reasons for mild to severe B-vitamin deficiency (e.g., stress, fatigue, high sugar consumption), the chemically sensitive population also has "laborious chemical detoxing" to add to those reasons.  Our detoxing capacities are already tremendously compromised.  This results in many extra B-vitamin-sapping stresses on the body.  We could be losing our daily stores of B vitamins at a very, very rapid rate.

Which means that we must pay extra attention to replenishing those stores.

I always know I've hit upon something truly beneficial when "the chores start getting done of their own accord."

Friends, what a huge difference a B-complex makes!

Cheers!

~ Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment