Saturday, August 24, 2013

Good News

Hello, Friends,

Having received several herbal treatments for Lyme disease and a tick-borne co-infection, I'm much more alert and mobile than I was a month or two ago.  Just today, I took a long walk which felt "normal" to me again.  Although there are still rings of fluid around both ankles (yes, they look very strange), the fluid is slowly lessening.  There has been much improvement.  Friends -- and my herbal practitioner -- who saw me with my feet puffed up like pillows have noted the considerable improvements.  I'm very, very grateful for this real chance to get well without antibiotics.

But that is not all.

Aside from a chlorine exposure (breathing it in the air) which left my outer upper leg numb for a brief time (until I got away from the chlorine, at which point the nerves almost immediately began to return to life), I have not had to take a single ibuprofen, even after multiple chemical exposures which normally would have laid me low for hours or days:  multiple heavy fragrances on Sunday; chlorine and much cigarette smoke on Monday; between 10 and 20 minutes in a scented-product-using home on Tuesday; between 10 and 15 minutes in another home of liberal, multiple usage of scented candles on Thursday (many scented candles visible and detectable by scent, but not burning at the time) . . . plus sun glare and stress -- and, still, no migraine syndrome.

Even if I were to get a migraine tomorrow, this degree of improvement would still be off the charts, in my view.

I discussed this stunning development with my herbal practitioner tonight.  He confirmed that this tremendous lessening of the chemical sensitivity is a natural result of the herbal treatment, because with it he'd gotten rid of every infection he'd detected in me.  Now, he's helping me battle the residual fluid/inflammation in my legs/ankles. 

I do feel quite well "inside" my body.  This is just so phenomenal to me.

However, never would I therefore begin to "take up" the old chemical products I've long forsaken.  Nor would I remain in a room in which a scented candle is burning, or in a house in which a load of laundry is being done with scented products.  I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if I still developed horrendous migraines from these things later.  But the degree of improvement I've already enjoyed -- this is something I could only have dreamed of in prior years.

It's really something.  So I've experienced now, firsthand, that when the body is loaded down with infections and their accompanying inflammation, the body's ability to detoxify is brought almost to a standstill.  When the infections are cleared out, or even minimized, the chemical sensitivity can improve.

It makes sense to me.

Also, I must note, again, that this improvement in the chemical sensitivity began, to a lesser but still noticeable degree, when I began taking a liquid kelp (potassium iodide) supplement to boost the functioning of the thyroid.  Let me also mention, here, something I neglected to mention earlier:  Along with the liquid kelp must come a selenium supplement, which I've also been taking.  The selenium enables the liquid kelp to be activated in the body.

In summary:  The thyroid was checked out and assisted; then, infections (Lyme and at least one co-infection) were discovered and treated with various herbal mixtures.  And the chemical sensitivity lessened.

I report this in the hopes that, somewhere along the way, my own story will help someone else look into his or her own symptomatology and latch onto effective treatments.

Cheers!

~ Daisies

No comments:

Post a Comment