Monday, June 16, 2014

The Impending Purification

I was younger than I am now when I wrote the story in the previous post.  I was even younger than that when I wrote this small item (early 2011).  I really put my heart into this one:

I envision, at some unnamed date in the future, a "detergent-and-fabric-softener, et al." environmental cleanup that would rival those mandated for asbestos and Chinese drywall.

When they realize the incredible particulate damage to human health wrought by the pungent, peppery, acerbic, neurotoxic synthetic fragrances that define most laundry, cleaning, hygiene, and deodorizing products in America, people will be rushing to throw out entire wardrobes, bed linens, curtains, carpets, and all upholstered items in their homes.  The invisible particulate of these neurotoxic fragrances clings, cloyingly, to all absorbent surfaces it touches.  Library books, milk and juice cartons, paper supplies, and plastic-wrapped foods are not spared.

****************************************************

Cheers!

~ Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment