Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Reminiscing . . . My First Thoughts for Beginning This Blog

Hello, Friends,

I was just recalling my first visits to chemical sensitivity websites way back in 2010, when my ideas for this blog were just beginning to percolate.

Following is the text* of one of my first dips into the waters of this vast field of environmental medicine and environmental awareness:


                  ********************************************************   


*TEXT of my letter to The Chemical Edge website:

Dear Author,

I’ve missed your name — but what an outstanding piece you’ve put together! This is an incredible resource. I’ve been suffering with MCS for the past 20 years. I only began making sense of the pattern of reacting to chemicals, however, in the mid-1990’s. It took a few years for me to “get it.” I’m only now taking the proactive route of trying to boost public awareness.

I was asked, yesterday, to provide statistics on how many homeless people are homeless specifically due to MCS. The person who asked me is a public advocate for the homeless. This person could begin to raise public awareness very effectively, armed with the proper statistics.

Do you have such statistics? (And I would love to know your name, also!)

Thanks so much.

Carolyn Marra

  by Carolyn Marra June 25, 2010 at 13:39 


"MCS 101.2: Definitions and Links" [scroll down for comments]


Thank you, Varda Burstyn, for the kindness of your communication back in 2010; and thank you, especially, for an outstanding website with volumes and volumes of information on common chemicals and their detrimental effects!


Readers, don't miss a visit to:

The Chemical Edge - Everyday Chemicals and Our Fragile Health


Cheers!

~ Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment