Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tired of Feeling "Stuffed"

Hello, friends,

Except for light cream in my coffee, I've been going without cow's milk and cow's-milk products for several days now.  About 14 years ago, I had gone without cow's milk for a year or so -- and, except for the ever-lingering chemical sensitivity, I felt reborn.

I am taking that lesson to heart and going without cow's milk once again.  Already, my energy level has increased, my body feels lighter, my step is quicker, and I'm able to assume a more normal physical workload.  At the same time, there is that dragging feeling in the center of me, that "not quite full" feeling, that "something is missing" sensation -- plus many headaches, but, on the whole, milder headaches than usual.  (Except for today -- a whopper is coming and I'm intending to head that off with ibuprofen.  We have to do what we have to do.)  I remember that empty, "headachey" feeling, as well, from 14 years ago.  I think it took somewhere from two weeks to one month to adjust to this.  It's a good adjustment for me to make, because it brings me back to the metabolism of childhood when I was always a skinny little thing who did not like to feel "stuffed."  The inflammatory and nerve-congesting effects of cow's milk, I've noticed, blunt that necessary recognition of satiety, for me.  

So what happens, in lieu of that "empty" feeling, is a need for honest, better metabolized protein to fill in the gap. I've been cooking lots of beef (no, not the best kind -- funds are low) and lots of eggs.  There are little cans of sardines to help with lunch, and tuna at intervals (I know, I know, the mercury . . .).

Not perfection -- but definitely improvement.  My clothes are feeling looser.

The bottom line is this:  The less unused fat on me there is, the less space there will be for my body to store toxins in the flesh.  In place of cow's milk, I'm using coconut milk in my (gluten-free) cereal.  In place of ice cream, I'm buying sorbet.  For yogurt and cheese, I rely on goat-milk products.  The fatty-acid chains in goat's milk are more efficiently and more quickly metabolized than the fatty-acid chains in cow's milk.

Moreover, the homogenization of cow's milk has the effect of breaking up a key molecule (the name escapes me), rendering it indigestible by many.  This ends up pockmarking the gut with holes ("leaky gut"), just as the gluten molecule's toxic fraction frequently ends up pockmarking the gut.  The gut then becomes inflamed (a potentially dangerous thing, e.g., cancer), digestion is impaired globally, essential nutrients are lost, and the whole person suffers.

Here's hoping that the goat milk will prove tolerable, in the long run, and that I can keep going at this!  If you have any personal stories about cow's milk and/or goat's milk and their potential interactivity with the aftereffects of toxic injury, please feel free to share them.

Cheers!
  
~ Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment