Thursday, October 8, 2015

Health: To Help Someone Feel Better

I don't know what I don't know, but months ago I thought a friend was sick or despairing.  I was afraid that this person would get so much unnecessary or untrue "bad news" from people that he would despair and . . .

I was afraid, also, that the friend was sick and people might talk him into euthanasia or assisted suicide.

I tried to urge people not to give this person rashly judged or invented "bad news" and/or not to "euthanize" this person.  I tried to urge the person not to listen to such negativity.  I had no idea if I was right about either the despair or the sickness, and I knew I risked looking like a fool -- but, you know what?  Just in case I was right about any part of it, the person was certainly worth my effort!

So, I spoke out.  Call me crazy, but I felt it was the right thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment