Friday, March 2, 2012

My Nutritional Recourse During and After a Reaction to Chemicals

Feeling unusually "clear" today, I'm about to sail into the sunset of an activity bursting with scented clothing and perfumes.

Before I head off, I wanted to make a note about some methods I used this past week to recover from a severe bout of MCS . . . and then to regain my energy, which sunk once again to an abysmal low.

I took to grating cloves of garlic on my trusty cheese grater.  I sprinkle this fragmented mixture on my vegetables, salads, etc.  This does wonders for detoxification after contamination and for energy rebuilding.  But first, in the throes of a dreadful reaction, I had to use liquids as my "food" because the back of my head swelled up internally, making jaw and facial movements nearly impossible.  Swallowing, too, was labored.  The more I drank liquids with the additions noted, below, the more the reaction lessened to the point that I could actually chew food.

Highly recommended is apple cider vinegar, from one tablespoon on up (to tolerance), added to water or seltzer with generous spritzes of (real) lemon juice and a tablespoon or so of raw, unfiltered honey.

Dandelion tea with spritzes of (real) lemon helped, also, along with adding raw, cut onions to my food when I was finally able to chew.

Green tea is anti-inflammatory and was a steppingstone to imbibing the other liquids.

I drank, drank, drank, said fluids (to tolerance) accompanied, when finally possible, with the food additions suggested above.

This is very cut-and-dry reporting, but I'm supposed to be getting ready now and I didn't want to neglect some potentially helpful suggestions for those facing a new weekend of socializing and, therefore, chemicals.

Cheers!

~ Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment