Friday, March 16, 2012

One of Many

Hello, friends!

As I do my daily research for this blog, I'm increasingly astounded by the vast amount of highly valuable and accurate information multiplying on the Internet about chemical toxins and MCS.  In this way, I'm now "meeting" more and more of my MCS-afflicted brothers and sisters.  Your beautifully designed websites and blogs should, indeed, be read by all.  Not to mention the video documentaries of caring, highly educated experts and laymen in the field of environmental medicine and science!  I'm deeply moved by the honesty, energy, and dedication already being put into the cause of boosting chemical-injury awareness.  I'm honored to be able to add my one small voice to all of yours. 

Consequently, I've been cramming as much useful information as I possibly can into my sidebar and tabs.  I'm now learning how to incorporate hyperlinks into text and how best to make and shape a blog from the strictly technical end.  I'm also wrestling, at present, with one or two gadget glitches awaiting remediation.  I have much to learn.

But thanks to all of you MCS writers, experts, scientists, and filmmakers, I find I'm cringing inside a little bit less these days as I approach others to describe what chemicals I know I must avoid.  I'm realizing that I'm most definitely not alone in my chemical sensitivity.  The similar patterns of my reactions to chemicals and those of other MCS sufferers are becoming clear, familiar, and predictable.  Furthermore, I'm realizing that many of us MCS writers are gravitating toward the same experts and the same scientists as we search for ways to communicate to others the dangers of many common chemicals.

The subject of pesticides is particularly horrifying to me, especially in regard to children.  For all I know, pesticides could be a huge part of my own chemical-sensitization history.  Lawns, parks -- who knows?  I couldn't possibly trace it now.  Dryer vent emissions and lawn treatments really send me for a whirl; and these two contaminants often become very difficult to separate, in causality, when I'm walking through a typical suburban or more rural neighborhood.  I do recall, however, that some form of weed-killer made me suddenly very dizzy as I walked alongside trick-or-treaters one Halloween night (a man had been applying it as I walked by -- that was an easy thing to see, for once).  It was difficult to continue walking and I had to stop shortly thereafter.  Dryer-vent emissions have repeatedly given me serious chest pain, the type of pain that also accompanies a severe bout of supraventricular tachycardia -- a deepening, sickening ache that fills the entire chest cavity and can filter into the back.  It increases in scope and pressure if one doesn't remove oneself from the location, making one expect a heart attack at any moment.  It's almost impossible to continue walking with such mounting pressure within.

The more I read and view on the subject of chemical injury, the more I realize that what I'm learning is just the tip of a massive iceberg.  

The chemical-injury stories and backup data are just pouring in from all directions.  The most responsible thing we can do with this information is to take it, read it, and learn from it.  Now.  

Cheers!

~ Carolyn  

No comments:

Post a Comment